JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative and Financial Assistant
Do you enjoy serving others behind the scenes in an office setting? Have you graduated high school and gained exceptional experience in data entry, filing, and general administrative assistant tasks? Are you proficient with computers and a stickler for details? BIBC has a part-time opening.
HOURS: Part Time. 20 Hours per week. (9am-2pm with an 1-hour lunch break)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records
• Correspond with financial institutions as needed
• Prepare and post financial reports monthly for Church
• Assist in yearly audit of financials by Audit Committee
• Write checks as needed and acquire necessary signatures
• Maintain partnership and contribution data
• Acts as a primary office communication liaison to ensure that telephone messages and mail are quickly routed to appropriate parties. Directly contacts appropriate pastor of items requiring immediate attention
• Perform general clerical and receptionist duties
• Compose routine correspondence for pastor’s signature. Prepare and process direct mail for outreach from the church, including flyers, cards, handbills, door-hangers, etc.
• Prepare weekly Worship Guide insert, quarterly business meeting report & agenda. Maintain church calendar. Prepare and mail bulk mailings as needed
• Under the direction of the Pastoral staff; order materials and supplies to support the ministries of the church
• Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies and materials
• In the absence of the Pastor, function as a communication facilitator to ensure that issues requiring immediate action are promptly referred to the appropriate church official(s)
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: QuickBooks proficiency is required. Bookkeeping Responsibilities include AP, AR, cash management, payroll, general ledger, month & year end closing, and account & bank reconciliations.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Read and interpret work orders; read and understand departmental policies and procedures; write notes using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling; organize/prioritize work to meet deadlines; establish/maintain effective working relationships with staff and vendors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
TO APPLY: If you read & meet the above requirements and are interested in the position please stop by the office M-F between 9am-1pm to pick up an application. Please do not call the office. Applicants who meet requirements will bill be contacted.